Agenus Inc. (Agenus) is an immuno-oncology (I-O) company. The NASDAQ: AGEN company is focusing on the discovery and development of therapies that engage the body’s immune system to fight cancer. It is developing an I-O portfolio driven by platforms and programs, antibody candidate programs, vaccine programs, and saponin-based vaccine adjuvants, principally QS-21 Stimulon adjuvant (QS-21 Stimulon). The Company’s discovery pipeline is including a range of checkpoint modulating (CPM) antibodies. The NASDAQ: AGEN at https://www.webull.com/quote/nasdaq-agen Company’s vaccine platforms are including this heat shock protein (HSP)-based Prophage vaccine candidates, and synthetic vaccine candidates, ASV and PSV.
Great Momentum Stock
- Momentum investing is revolving around the idea of following a stock’s recent trend in either direction. In the long context, investors are essentially buying high, but hoping to sell even higher.
- With this methodology is taking advantage of trends in a stock’s price is key; once a stock establishes a course, it is more than likely to continue moving that way.
- The goal is that once a stock heads down a fixed path, it will lead to timely and profitable trades.
Beat the Market
- It is discussing some of the components of the Momentum Style Score for AGEN that show why this biotechnology company shows promise as a solid momentum pick.
- A good momentum benchmark for a stock is to look at its short-term price activity, as this can reflect both current interests and if buyers or sellers currently have the upper hand.
- It is also helpful to compare a security to its industry; this can show investors the best companies in a particular area.
- For AGEN, shares are up 1.26% over the past week while the Zacks Medical – Biomedical and Genetics industry is flat over the same time.
- Shares are looking quite well from a longer time frame too, as the monthly price change of 5.42% compares favorably with the industry’s 3.77% performance as well.
- The Zacks Momentum Style Score encompasses many things that are including estimate revisions and a stock’s price movement.
- Investors should note that earnings estimates are also significant to the Zacks Rank, and a nice path here can be promising. We have recently been noticing this with AGEN.
- Over the past two months, 1 earnings estimate moved higher compared to none lower for the full year.
- These revisions are helped boost AGEN’s consensus estimate, increasing from -$1.14 to -$1.05 in the past 60 days. Looking at the next fiscal year, 1 estimate has moved upwards while there have been no downward revisions at the same time. You can start stock trading from paper trading app. Disclaimer: The analysis information is for reference only and does not constitute an investment recommendation.